Thursday, January 3, 2008

Two Puzzles, Same Scene



As I mentioned in my last post, it was common for two different puzzle makers to use the same painting or subject to make a jigsaw puzzle.


I've attached pictures of the same puzzle by two different puzzle makers, titled, "It's A Bargain". One was made by TUCO and the other by Guild. You may notice that the box covers show the same scene, however, the TUCO picture is cut off around the edges and shows less of the actual puzzle as the Guild does. Since puzzles by different puzzle makers were made in different sizes it is common for some of the original painting to be missing from the completed puzzle.


I'm finding that TUCO seems to have made a lot of their puzzles smaller than other puzzle makers so you loose some of the great scene. You may see only a part of a flying duck at the top of one puzzle but another puzzle maker will show the whole duck flying at the top. I've actually passed up buying a couple of puzzles for this reason. I didn't want a portion of a bird or animal cut off, so I waited until I could find it from another puzzle maker showing the entire scene.

Let me know if you have found this to be the case also.

No comments: